One speaker I admire is my boss, Jeff. He is a person who worked in the corporate USA world for most of his life, and decided to build his own company while sitting on a plane on the way home from a meeting across the country. He was a way from his family and did not want his life to be sucked away by his career. He is a charismatic man with the born ability to sell ice to an Eskimo and get a refund from a stripper (true story). Due to his Ethos, or personal skill of persuasion, he was able to create a successful insurance brokerage.
I on the other hand, do not have the personal skill, but do have the ability to arouse emotions in order to persuade my audience.
Aristotle’s classification scheme works for Jeff and me. However, I do think another scheme could be added to represent not simply for the logic side, but the intelligence skill to persuade.
No comments:
Post a Comment