Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Week 4/16-4/22: Organizational Comm.: Part 3
The rules for the professional behavior caught my eye this week. Some of these rules are outrageous and I do not see them in my current professional environment nor have I seen it in the past. Most of the rules are straight forward and I completely agree with. Remembering that one is at the workplace to actually work is totally true, and a manager cannot stand it and may fire someone due to the amount of time Facebook, personal email and/or personal email is accessed. Managing time and responsibilities effectively is a true rule, but not the extent the book suggests. When an employee arrives at work, when the business opens, and leaves, when the doors close, could be an impossibility due to the number of shifts. However, on the opposite side, you never want to work too many hours because your manager gets too comfortable with you working 9-12 hours a day and leaves you with no personal life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Comm Rocker, I really liked your post this week about the rules for professional behavior. I also think that the rules are outrageous, and that they are not rules that I see taking place in any environment that surrounds me. I know that in my personal work situation, which is a retail store, many of us are on our phones and texting or on Facebook all the time. This is probably not professional, and we could definitely work on this, but the professional rules are a bit extreme if you ask me. I think that you did a great job summarizing this concept.
ReplyDelete